Thursday, April 19, 2007

Seriously!...who is this guy?

I thought that since I am going to be trekking with you all, maybe I should put out a couple of tips from the rolodex of sure fire fishing secrets..(alright it's just my fishing desk calendar...don't tell anyone). SPRING fishing tip....spring is one of the best seasons for fishing (excellent) most species spawn during the spring and are often found in shallows. Try fishing water six feet deep or less, using small bucktails, spinnerbaits, minnows, or various types of live bait. Now in a modified form for us would exclude non-worms (from what I have heard) as live bait, and the spawning thing is not so much for the salmonids, but the temp diff associated with spring should result in some super-hungry brookies (and others if present)...so it is still a great time.

No comments: